mAadhaar For Mobile
mAadhaar is official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information viz. Name, Date of Birth, Gender & Address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in smart phones.
It is interesting to note that the app has been designed in a way to enable users to easily verify the biometrics data. If a user locks the Biometric Locking system on their smartphone then it will remain so until the Aadhaar Holder unlocks it disables the Biometric Locking method. Users will also get the option to use the TOTP or Time-based One-Time Password if they do not want to use the SMS-based OTP for security reasons.
After completing the request for update, users who download the mAadhaar app on their smartphone will be able to see the complete profile on their phone. They will also be able to use the QR code along with the eKYC data that is protected using password to get the demographic information. So, this saves you from making any manual entry.
The mAadhaar app for Android is currently in its beta stage and UIDAI has announced that some of the updates will be available after a few days from the date of launch.
So, if you own an Android phone which most of the Indians do, you can have your Addhar with you wherever you go. You will not have to carry the card everywhere still be able to access it anywhere anytime. How? Let me explain.
The Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has recently launched a new app called the mAadhaar app for Android smartphones. mAadhaar stands for mobile Aadhaar so from the name itself it is evident that it has been built to help users to easily carry their m-aadhar card in their smartphones. This enables users to have their identity proof including all the demographic information right in their pocket. This information includes name, gender, date of birth, fingerprints and photo linked with Aadhar card right in their mobile phones.
1. Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
2. Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
3. TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
4. Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
5. Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.